Saturday, December 25, 2021

Was I visited by Santa Claus...?

I recently joined a Seiko watch group and as it happens there was a raffle going on for a high-end limited-edition (1000pcs) Seiko Prospex SRQ029J1 and I decided to try my luck. I invested in 4 tickets @ 25EUR/pc and duly transferred 100EUR to the group's administrator in Belgium after bit of a conversation to make sure it is hunky dory. 


Seiko Prospex

Then a few days passed while the group admin was attracting more clients to take part in the raffle and building up the excitement leading up to the draw. I was actually getting a bit excited myself of the thought of perhaps winning.

My bank transfer

As I was at the time in the middle of the Indian ocean and in a different timezone steaming east I was fast asleep when the draw happened. Little did I know the next day when I woke up and scrolled my phone for any messages, I saw that the raffle had taken place and the winner was....me! So, in a sense Santa came early for me, Merry Xmas folks!


The announcement in the group

P.S. I returned home in July when I got to see my "gift" from December....

The watch on my wrist

The Seiko website also has the specs and history of the Panda.






No comments:

Post a Comment