Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Return to India

After the morning rituals it was time to stuff my luggage in the back of the car and head for the Helsinki-Vantaa airport. I was flying back to India with same Turkish airlines flight I had arrived with. Jari dropped me off at the terminal and we wished to see soon again and not 6 years later on as it had now happened. Well, only time will tell. 


Early morning in front of the Taj


The visit was pleasant but then again, I had not come to stay and therein lies the difference. I met a lot of old acquaintances that had worked hard, saved and made their homes for their future. I could have been one of them, instead I have chosen to roam the seas in foreign employ without the 1:1 relieving systems, social security and pension tied in as in the deeply regulated Finnish (or even European) work culture as I would not have been able to see what I have seen during the years. This can be called my karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment